Digital Content Team Assistants
Weymouth Football Club are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to join its Digital Content team for the 2021/22 season.
Working alongside the club Media Director and Management Team to plan, produce and deliver content across all online platforms for Weymouth FC, Weymouth FC U23s and Weymouth FC Women.
(Responsibilities listed below can be shared across various volunteers.)
- Plan, produce and deliver online content on all platforms including club website and social media channels.
- Availability and willingness to volunteer at unsociable hours (weekends, evening matches), as well as travelling to some away matches.
- Conduct pre-match and post-match video or audio interviews with members of Weymouth Football Club’s management staff and playing staff.
- Create engaging content in the build-up to matchdays and on matchdays.
- Writing live-blog style updates on matchdays for club social media accounts.
- Writing match reports, match previews and features for the club website.
- Working alongside the club’s commercial team to create content that engages with existing and potential sponsors.
- Creating engaging video content for the club YouTube page.
- Creating and editing graphics for club social media accounts.
Skills & Experience
- Would suit somebody studying media, journalism, or other relevant course looking to get their first step into football media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Knowledge of working with WordPress or other CMS.
- Applicants must be over 16.
If interested please email a CV to email@example.com.