Starting team for the Terras:
Benfield, Howe, Cheshire, Rowan, Hamblin, O’Connell, Hemmings, Bearwish, Rollinson, Roberts, Goodship.

After seven minutes the Terras had their first chance of the match as Keelan O’Connell dragged his shot wide of the mark.

However on the thirty fifth minute, the hosts took the lead. It all came from a free kick after a long injury break. Perhaps meaning the lads were somewhat switched off as former Terra Nathan Carlyle floated a pass over the top of the Terras defence. Where Dylan Fage headed over the top of Gerard Benfield, who was caught in no man’s land, and the ball dropped into the Terras net.

The Terras applied a lot of pressure before the half time break but couldn’t find an equaliser as the referee blowed for half time.

It took just seven minutes for the hosts to double their advantage after the break. Benfield did well to deny Blackman from the spot. However Rasulo is there to tap home the rebound.

It must be said that from then on the Terras looked the better side as we enjoyed our best third of the game.

Bobby made a double substitution on the sixty fourth minute as O’Connell and Rollinson were replaced by Wabo and Monk respectively.

Over the course of the next twenty minutes the Terras would apply great pressure, of which they were rewarded for with a superb goal from Tom Bearwish to half the defecit. A well directed header at the near post following a pin point cross courtesy of Brandon Goodship!

The Terras then seemingly found yet another gear as they came even closer following Tom’s goal. Just six minutes later Tom Bearwish saw his spot kick saved by Johnson in the St Albans net. The ‘keeper getting two hands two it and palming to safety.

In the final ten minutes, Goodship went close with a thundering strike. As well as the Terras seeing a shot cleared off the line!

It was a tale of fine margains this game, hopefully we can set the record straight against Dartford next Saturday!

Written by Robert Santonna

Similar Posts