Weymouth 2-1 Maidenhead United




Shields 86, Dallas 90+6 pen


Barratt 50

Report: Alfie Lumb

Weymouth battled from a goal down to see off 10 man Maidenhead United 2-1 in the final moments of the game.

Maidenhead had the first shot away in the 17th minute. Ryheem Sheckleford lobbed a deep ball into the area from the right. A chance looked lost but Danilo Orsi latched onto the ball at the back post. Orsi played a low cross towards Nathan Blissett who tried to back heel the ball into the net with an inventive flick. The shot was straight at Ethan Ross, and collected by the Terras keeper.

5 minutes later the Terras had a chance of their own. Andy Dallas took the ball down the right wing before cutting the ball back to strike partner Ben Thomson. The striker released the ball to Pierre Fonkeu who had time to pick out a shot with his left which Magpies keeper Tase Ashby-Hammond had to reach for and palm away.

The visitors were awarded their first corner in the 50th minute and took the lead in an unlikely manner. Sam Barratt whipped the ball into a crowded area with his left foot, but the ball, aided by the wind, found its way into the net directly from the set piece.

7 minutes later, Manny Parry saw red for Maidenhead United. The defender executed a two footed challenge on Fonkeu and Referee Tom Bishop produced a straight red card, despite complaints from the away side.

Following the red card the Terras were pressing hard for an equaliser, which they found in the 86th minute. The winger made enough space for himself on the left to play in the cross. The curving ball went beyond players in the box and the outstretching left palm of Ashby-Hammond to find the top corner.

The Terras were awarded a penalty in the 96th minute. Dallas was brought down by Chris Massey. The in-form Dallas stepped up to score the winner, sending the keeper the wrong way. This proved to be the final moment of the game as the Terras won 2-1.

Maidenhead Assistant Manager Ryan Peters gave his thoughts on the game saying “Tough one to take, I thought we handled the game very well, didn’t look like they were going to get anything out of the game even when we went down to 10 men.”

“Unfortunately 2 goals that were unlike us have gone in and it’s ended up with us losing the game.”
Asked about the red card, Peters said “We’ve seen it, we’ve asked them to go and have a look at it, hopefully it is rescinded because he has got all ball and nothing else.”

Brian Stock hailed the impact of his substitutes today saying “Delighted with the result and the impact of the substitutions after the sending off really changed the game.”

He continued saying “I felt our quality in the final third was lacking, but credit to the players for giving everything they’ve got to the final minutes.”

Terras: Ross, Fonkeu (Murray 70), Ngalo (Wakefield 70), McCarthy, Thomson, Brooks, Dallas, Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Shields.

Subs not used: Benfield, Luque, Leslie-Smith.

Maidenhead: Ashby-Hammond, Wells, Parry, Clarima, Comley (Twumasi 77), Blissett, Orsi (Coley 73), Sheckleford, Upward, Massey, Barratt (Egan 78).

Subs not used: Sparkes, Lovett.

Referee: Tom Bishop


Date Time League Season
2nd April 2021 3:00 pm National League 2020/21


Bob Lucas Stadium
Wessex Stadium, Radipole Lane, Weymouth DT4 9XJ, United Kingdom


Maidenhead United1Loss


29Ethan ROSS Goalkeeper
6Jordan NGALO 4 Midfield
8Jake McCARTHY Midfield
9Ben THOMSON Forward
17Calvin BROOKS Defence
18Andrew DALLAS Forward
21Jacob MENSAH Defence
24Dominic REVAN Defence
26Ollie HARFIELD Defence
32Sean SHIELDS Midfield
42Pierre FONKEU 23 Forward
23Cameron MURRAY 42 Midfield
4Josh WAKEFIELD 6 Midfield
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

KO 70 70 FT