ANGOLAN midfielder Bernardo Cariata has been booted out of the Wessex Stadium by Weymouth boss Steve Johnson.
The former Porto man was last night shown the door after just a month with the Nationwide Conference South club.
Cariata, who scored on his debut against Margate before Christmas, is now expected to sign for Basingstoke Town who the Terras visit this weekend.
A disappointed Johnson said: “There are still a few things that need to be sorted out but Bernardo definitely won’t be playing for us again.
“He hasn’t really settled at the club which is a shame but there’s only so much time I can give a player before action needs to be taken.
“Bernardo looked a good prospect in his first game and I had high hopes for him but since then he’s struggled.
“He hasn’t gone down well with some of the lads on a personal level and to me dressing room harmony is extremely important.
“Unfortunately Bernardo seems to think he should be playing in the Premiership without putting in the effort to get there.
“With anything in life, you have to put in the graft needed and I can’t afford to have any members of my squad not doing that.”
Despite his proposed move to Basingstoke Cariata won’t be lining up against his former team mates on
“Ernie Howe, Basingstoke’s manager, was interested in Bernardo before he signed for us and we’ve agreed for him to move to them,” he said.
“But because we are playing Basingstoke on Saturday, the deal won’t officially go through until next week and means he won’t be facing us at the weekend in what is a big game.”