WEYMOUTH are celebrating going one year unbeaten at home in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier League today, and effectively on Saturday following the 3-2 win over Walton Casuals.

We look back upon the key matches from that run and how it all came together.

Terras 1-0 Chesham United

THIS was a very fine vanguard performance from Weymouth.

After going a goal up through Abdulai Baggie’s first goal in the league for the Terras, they were then reduced to 10 men 10 minutes later.

What followed was a great example of how to properly defend a lead despite pressure, and if there was ever a match that displayed the pedigree required to go a year unbeaten in the league then this was it.

Terras 6-0 Farnborough

THIS was as fine an attacking performance as you are ever likely to see and it became a ridiculous riot by full time.

Harry Baker stole the show with a looping header from 30 yards that lobbed the goalkeeper and even the defenders on the line trying to clear it, such was the angle. The full-time score was cruel on Farnborough but the Terras earned it, and it was a crucial warning shot to future visitors.

Terras 2-0 Dunstable Town

THIS was a match that could have been so easily defeated by the weather.

With snow blowing across the pitch in the build-up to the match it is a miracle it even went ahead in the first place.

The sudden winter weather certainly dampened things, and with Dunstable fighting against relegation, a battle they were ultimately to lose, it was never going to be a pretty match.

Yet the Terras won ugly thanks to Brandon Goodship and Calvin Brooks. It wasn’t a classic, but it proved Weymouth were happy to battle ugly when required.

Terras 2-1 Taunton Town

TAUNTON Town attacked with a swagger and ferocity that made a mockery of their status of being a side promoted into the division.

Yet the Terras held firm against their early baptism of fire from the Peacocks’ strike force and the roar when Baggie won the match late on for Weymouth was quite something.

Terras 2-2 Hartley Wintney

THE match where the record nearly went. Weymouth were 2-0 down after 77 minutes and heading for defeat, yet a 80th minute goal gave the Terras a sniff of a point.

Warren Bentley fired in a what became a deserved equaliser in the 90th minute, the dream comeback almost happened if not for a fine save to deny Brandon Goodship in the dying moments.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *