THE first half was a million miles away from a Weymouth performance, bemoaned Mark Molesley after he saw his side held to a 2-2 draw at home by Kings Langley in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier South.

Andronicos Georgiou fired in a 94th minute penalty to condemn Weymouth to their fifth draw in eight games in all competitions.

Molesley said: “The first half was not good enough, it was hard to take at the end of the game but the damage was done in the first half. We started really poorly.

“For the first time we looked like we were a little bit unsure of ourselves and lacking a bit of confidence, we did not look like ourselves at all.

“The pleasing thing is that in the second half the reaction was good. We looked a lot more like ourselves and I thought that was a Weymouth performance in the second half but the first half was a million miles away.”

Molesley was disappointed with conceding the late goal, after Calvin Brooks fouled Claudio Ofosu to hand Langley a late penalty.

Molesley said: “I’m disappointed, obviously conceding with almost the last kick, we could not quite clear the ball and then unfortunately we had a bit of an error and gave the penalty away, which seems to be happening quite a bit to us at the moment. We are getting punished for the mistakes we are making.”

However, with the Terras 1-0 down at half-time, Weymouth responded to go ahead 2-1 after 67 minutes.

Molesley said: “It is like a hangover from Tuesday night against Ramsbottom (where the Terras lost 3-1 in an FA Trophy second round replay).

“At half-time you are fearing the worst, but luckily we responded well and there is a lot of positives to take out of the draw.”

Molesley had no complaints about the awarding of the penalty however.

“I think he (Brooks) has tripped him, it is a bit of a tired leg I think that has just come out and caught him.

“We had two penalty shouts ourselves, and didn’t get them so I am a bit disappointed about that.”

As a result of Salisbury’s 4-3 win at Hartley Wintney, the Terras have slipped to fourth in the table but Weymouth still have games in hand over their opponents.

Reacting to their new league position, Molesley said: “It is going to be a very tough end to the season, this isn’t an easy league. We never thought it was going to be and it has proved it is not going to be, but we are chasing.

“We have got to chase hard now, we cannot feel sorry for ourselves we have got to pick ourselves back up.

“You saw what a good reaction, what a good team we are in the second half, we just need to show that consistently throughout 90 minutes now.

“At the moment we are being a little bit patchy, throughout the games and it is the inconsistencies during those games which is costing us.”

There was a late melee at the end prompted by Josh Wakefield jumping into the back of a player with a knee when trying to win the ball.

Commenting on the late drama, Molesley said: “I think it was all a storm in the tea cup in the end. I think it was a foul from our player and everyone reacted a little bit silly.

“It was all a bit handbag-y I think it probably looks a lot worse then it actually was.”

Dorset Echo

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *