Andrews 59, Lemonheigh-Evans 85


Dallas 42 pen

Report: Alfie Lumb

Despite Andy Dallas’ first half penalty, the Terras fell to a 2-1 defeat on Saturday, away to 3rd placed Torquay United

Asa Hall had the first real chance of the game in the 11th minute. The midfielder fired a shot from range after cutting in from the right. The ball was deflected off of a Terras defender and looped awkwardly on the bounce but Ethan Ross had jumped to claim the shot.
3 minutes later Randall had switched the play on the left to Andrews. The striker got the ball under control before firing a shot at Ross’ near post. Ross matched the powerful strike to parry the ball away for a corner.

Minutes later Andrew Dallas had a magnificent solo run from deep in Weymouth’s half. The in form striker shrugged off multiple challenges to allow him to run into the opposition penalty area. Torquay players shepherded Dallas to the byline and his back heel to keep the play alive was cleared.

Weymouth were getting more and more confident over the first 25 minutes of the game and notched their first shot on target in the 28th minute. Jake McCarthy’s free kick from range with his right foot went over the wall but was straight at keeper Lucas Colovan.

Torquay were unlucky not to score in the 35th minute but were outdone by a fantastic low save from Ross. A long ball from the right dipped by Randell into the penalty area found its way into the path of Connor Lemonheigh-Evans. The number 7 shot first time with his right foot inside the 6 yard box but Ross got down quickly to parry the danger away.

Randell was looking sharp on the right and just moments after the Ross save the right back played another ball into the same area.

Then against the run of play, Weymouth were awarded a penalty in the 40th minute when Torquay defender Ben Winter was hesitant to clear his lines. This forced Colovan to come off his line but the keeper brought down Dallas who had got to the ball first. Dallas stepped up to take the spot kick which was coolly converted as the ball went down the middle.

Winter looked to redeem himself in added time of the first half. Dominic Revan’s cleared ball fell into the defenders path but his shot was parried away again by Ross.

Torquay continued to press in the opening moments in the second half. A long free kick from Moxey was played into the area where Lewis struck from yards out of goal. The effort smashed against the cross bar and out for a goal kick.

Minutes later United hit the woodwork again. This time Asa Hall’s header at the near post from a corner was too high, striking the post giving Weymouth another goal kick.

Andrews got the home side back into the game in the 59th minute. Wright laid the ball off to Andrew on the left who shot a low powerful strike across goal which went beyond the diving Ross.

5 minutes later Ross was under pressure again. Moxey was on the end of a short corner and curled a shot from range with his right boot. The shot was palmed out of danger.

Lemonheigh-Evans nearly won it for the Gulls in the 78th minute. The midfielder received the ball in the area, took a touch, then hit the ball with his right boot. The ball was goal bound but debutant Ben Morgan stepped in to block the shot.

With just 6 minutes of the game left, Torquay took the lead. Jake Andrews played in a corner which was headed on by a free Lemonheigh-Evans in the centre of the area past Ross.

Torquay were continuing on the attack, rather than sitting back. Billy Walters was through with a sight on goal but Dominic Revan stood the substitute up to produce an excellent last ditch tackle.

Ross came up for the final attacks for Weymouth when Dallas won a corner. The Terras came close from these set pieces but couldn’t get any shots through the crowded penalty area.
With that the referee blew the full time whistle and the game finished, Weymouth losing 2-1.

Torquay: Covolan, Wynter, Lemonheigh-Evans, Hall (Waters 82), Wright (Boden 82), Little, Andrews, Randell, Sherring, Law (Moxey 46), Lewis.

Subs not used: MacDonald, Buse.

Terras: Ross, McCarthy, Thomson, Morgan, Robinson, Brooks, Dallas, Mensah, Revan, Harfield, Shields.

Subs not used: Wakefield, Ngalo, Murray, Luque, Fonkeu.

Referee: Karl Evans

Similar Posts