By Alfie Lumb

The Terras made it back-to-back league wins at the Bob Lucas Stadium on Saturday as an Ahkeem Rose brace saw Weymouth come from behind to beat Dulwich Hamlet 2-1.

Bobby Wilkinson made just one change from Tuesday’s win, with Jamie Egan replacing Jenkins, who returned to AFC Wimbledon on loan.

Terras fans were asking for a penalty in just the 2nd minute after Bradley Ash was brought down by Joe Felix in the area. The referee, Ross Martin, adjudged the challenge to be fair, with play waved on.

Ash was looking tenacious with his pressing and, when chasing down Hamlet’s keeper Charlie Grainger, came close to blocking the keepers clearance which could have seen the ball fly anywhere.

Both sides have won just once in the last 5 games, creating a frenetic early atmosphere, but Dulwich Hamlet took the lead in the 7th minute. A nice passing move saw Cameron Thompson tee up a first time cross into the area. Danny Mills rose highest at the back post to meet the ball and guide it to Johl Powell across the face of goal to head it in beyond the outstretched gloves of Oualah.

Powell cut in from the right side 4 minutes later in an attempt to double the Hamlet’s lead. The shot with his right foot was safely into the gloves of Oualah.

Ash was trying to to take the game to the the Terras, running at Dulwich defender on the far side before attempting a low cross from the byline, but the ball went behind for a corner.

Will Wood could have done more damage with his set piece in the 24th minute. The defender’s fizzing free kick dipped and bounced menacingly in the area, drifting inches wide of Oualah’s right post.

The Terras were awarded a penalty in the 32nd minute after Nathan Carlyle was fouled late by Mills in the area. Ash stepped up to take the spot kick, but Grainger read Ash’s movement, diving to his left and getting both hands behind the ball to make a comfortable save.

Weymouth were pressing following the penalty miss, and drew level 10 minutes before half time. Blair’s low cross on the left side fell to the feet of Ahkeem Rose, who turned the ball goalwards beyond Grainger.

Pushing for another before half time, the Terras won the ball back through Chris Francis who found Tom Blair. The winger chopped inside and struck the ball from 20 yards out but the strike was no problem for the keeper.

The Hamlet had the first chance of the second half when Powell’s ball from the left is cleared by Carlyle, but only as far as Dominic Odusanya. The midfielder took on a touch before striking from range with the ball bobbing and dipping before drifting wide of the goal. Oualah was there to cover the shot.

The Terras turned the game on its head in the 57th minute and took the lead. Bradley Ash won the ball off Ronnie Vint and charged towards the goal from the right flank. As Grainger comes out to close the gap Ash squares the ball across the face of goal for Rose to bag his brace with a tap in.

Weymouth came close to a 3rd just 3 minutes later as Tom Blair’s back post corner was met by debutant Jamie Egan, whose header rose just over the bar.

The Hamlet were trying to find a way back into the game and had a golden opportunity in the 65th minute. George Porter played the ball sideways to Thompson who helped shift the ball to the right where Joe Felix was waiting. The full back took on a shot from the right across the face of goal, but the low bobbling effort flashed wide of Oualah’s right stick.

Powell took on a fiery, curving shot from range in the 74th minute, stinging the gloves of Oualah who made the save after patting the ball down.

Wood took the ball down well four minutes later, taking on a volley from distance. Oualah did well to get down to his right quickly and parry away the effort.

Six minutes of added time were awarded as the Hamlets were given a free kick in a dangerous area after a coming together between substitute Matt Buse and Porter – with both receiving yellow cards. The set piece was cleared at the first man.

The Hamlet came close to an equaliser from a corner 4 minutes into added time. The ball ricocheted off a number of players before captain Jack Holland unknowingly back heeled it wide of the post.

Late into added time the Terras were given a free kick on the edge of the area as Melvin-Lambert was taken down. Rose, on a hat trick stood over it but the set-piece hit the wall with Martin blowing the full time whistle.


Similar Posts