Harrow Borough vs Weymouth



Brandon Goodship delivers as Weymouth triumph


Moss 4, 65


Goodship 34, 52, 71

WEYMOUTH had to do it the hard way against Harrow Borough but secured all three points with a 3-2 comeback victory thanks to a brilliant Brandon Goodship hattrick at the Earlsmead Stadium in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier South.

Ryan Moss fired past Jordan Seabright in the Terras’ goal after four minutes to put the home side in front, but Weymouth hit back through Goodship with a penalty in the 34th minute and a wellworked goal after 52 minutes.

Moss again levelled after 65 minutes but Goodship sealed his treble after 71 minutes.

Weymouth handed starts to two summer signings as Seabright and Josh McQuoid began the match for the Terras.

Fellow new signings Lloyd Thomas, Matt Casey and Antonio Diaz started on the Weymouth bench, the latter two of whom replaced Abdulai Baggie and Goodship late on respectively.

Josh Wakefield had been a doubt due to an issue with his hand but made the bench, while midfielder Jordan Ngalo missed out due to injury.

Harrow, meanwhile, could boast new signings Bayley Brown, George Fenton and Hafed AlDroubi in their starting line-up.

Weymouth initially got their league campaign off to a dreadful start however, as they fell behind after four minutes.

Scrappy defending inside the Terras’ box allowed Moss to slot in past Seabright in the Terras’ goal from six-yards out.

The game then entered a lull, with Weymouth looking to strike back while Harrow were looking to maintain their lead.

In the 15th minute Weymouth had a good opportunity to draw level from a corner but could not capitalise as Goodship fired over from the edge of the Boro box.

Weymouth carried on their attacking endeavours and two minutes later Baggie was played through and brought down on the edge of the box but the referee waved play on.

The Terras kept up the pressure as they tried to work a way back into the match.

In the 23rd minute Baggie picked up the ball near the edge of the box and passed to Ben Thomson who forced a good save from Boro goalkeeper Al-Droubi.

Baggie would prove influential in the manner of Weymouth’s equaliser,, however.

Another superb run into the box prompted a foul from Harrow, giving away a penalty 11 minutes before half-time, from which Goodship calmly slotted away to get his league tally off to an early start.

Harrow’s Shaun Preddie then committed a needless foul four minutes later to receive the first yellow card of the match.

The two sides then remained deadlocked as they both attempted to craft a lead to take in with them into the break as the first half finished 1-1.

Weymouth were on the up however, and it showed as seven minutes into the second half they took the lead.

Goodship secured his brace and Baggie was once again influential, as he put a superb ball across the box which Goodship fired across Al-Droubi into the bottom corner to put the Terras 2-1 up..

The game then went quiet as Weymouth were content with their lead, while Harrow tried to restore parity.

And the home side secured their desired equaliser after 65 minutes, when a ball into the box found the head of Moss who headed in for his brace and to put the Boro back on level terms.

That would be one of Moss’ last actions of the match however, as Lynton Goss replaced him three minutes after his second goal.

The game then burst into life as Seabright did well to keep out a Harrow attack, with Tiago Sa doing well to clear away shortly afterwards.

In the 71st minute, the magnificent Goodship handed the Terras the lead back, and he secured his third goal after a superb flick-on from Thomson allowed him to fire low and hard past Boro’s AlDroubi.

Harrow’s Michael Bryan received a yellow card late on for a foul, while Weymouth’s new signing McQuoid was replaced by Harry Baker in the 90th minute as the win drew ever closer for the Terras.

The Terras got their win, despite going behind early and will now look forward to their first home match of the season at the Bob Lucas Stadium against newly-promoted Taunton Town on Tuesday (7.45pm).


Date Time League Season
11th August 2018 3:00 pm Southern League Premier 2018/19


Earlsmead Stadium
86A Arundel Dr, Harrow HA2 8PP, UK


Harrow Borough2Loss

KO 78 84 90 FT