TERRAS defender Steve Tully has come off the Wessex Stadium transfer list.
Last year’s player of the year shocked the club last month when he asked for a move from the Nationwide Conference South outfit.
He then criticised boss Steve Johnson for making too many signings in an Echo interview and accused the team of not being good enough to win promotion.
But Tully, who has not started a game since handing in his request, has now had a change of heart.
And Johnson, who yesterday held clear-the-air talks with the former Torquay United youngster, hopes the matter is closed.
Johnson said: “We’ve had a chat with Steve to try and resolve the issue and I’m pleased we’ve been able to do that.
“The situation is he has been fined by the club for what he said in the Echo.
“Steve has apologised for that and withdrawn his transfer request.
“In turn, I’ve been straight with him and told him what I expect of him as a player at this football club.
“Steve knows what he needs to do to get back in the team and now it’s up to him to get his head down, work hard and if he does that he will have a chance of starting.
“I’m pleased we’ve been able to sort things out for the good of the football club.”
And Johnson is refusing to rule out handing Tully a start when the Terras travel to Redbridge in the Conference South this weekend.
“Steve has a chance of playing at Redbridge this Saturday but I have to be100 per cent certain he is totally committed to this football club before that happens,” said Johnson.
“I appreciate players that want to progress their careers but the way to do that is by getting your head down and attracting interest through performances on the pitch.
“If he does that, I’m sure someone will come in for him and in those circumstances we’ll benefit as a club.”