MATCH REPORT: Weymouth 0-1 Aldershot Town

A last minute own goal was enough for Aldershot to take all 3 points against Weymouth at the Bob Lucas Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Both sides had struggled to find their foot in the game, with a number of fouls given away with the first 15 minutes, however the Terras had the first chance of the game in the 17th minute. Omar Mussa opened up the midfield with a through pass to Josh McQuoid on the near side. The TerrasCaptain dragged a pass across the box which was met by an incoming Tom Bearwish. The midfielder took a touch before striking the shot, however the ball was wide of Mitch Walkers near post.

The Shots had their first shot on goal 5 minutes later, after Jayden Harris went down just outside the area. Tommy Willard stood over the set piece, but his right footed effort sailed over the crossbar.

Weymouth were looking the stronger side in attack, and had another chance to break the deadlock in the 27th minute. Cam Murray played in QPR Loanee, Aaron Drewe, on the right. Drewe managed to evade the challenge from an oncoming defender to dink the ball into the area from the byline, however the ball lifted narrowly onto the roof of the net.

The Shots had the first attempt of the game on target in the 46th minute. Willard took on a shot from over 25 yards out, but the drilled attempt towards the near post was collected easily by Fitzsimons.

Aldershot fans thought their side had broken the deadlock in the 49th minute when left back Toby Edsers first time volleyed cross with his left boot smacked against Fitzsimons upright.

Weymouth fans had their hearts in their mouths in the 60th minute, when 2 of their substitutes had worked well to open up a chance. Ahkeem Rose won control of the ball on the left wing and placed a cross to the back post which was headed wide, yards from goal by Brandon Goodship.

Goodship was played through just after 70 minutes, found well by Shields who found the pass in a busy penalty area. Unfortunately the substitute was crowded out by opposition defenders, with the ball cleared away before Goodship could attempt a shot.

The visitors provided much of the pressure in the final 10 minutes, and made it pay off deep into added time. Mikael Ndjoli was fouled by Tom Bearwish and whipped in the resulting set piece. The ball floated towards the back post and was volleyed in at the wrong end by Brandon Goodship.

Similar Posts