A battling Terras were stunned 3-0 by Worthing on Tuesday evening at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

David Oldfield named a side unchanged following Saturday’s defeat to Ebbsfleet.

Weymouth started brightly, with Claudio Ofosu working well down the left channel to give Weymouth an early corner, flicked on by Dan Matsuzaka but behind for a goal kick.

Moments later, the Terras won a free kick when Cam Murray was fouled on the edge of the area. Tom Blair took the set piece, but the ball sailed over the bar.

Worthing were pressing for a chance and had an opening in the 10th minute. A cross from the right was acrobatically sent in by Mo Jammeh but the effort was straight into the gloves of Bert White.

Five minutes later Weymouth had the next chance after winning the ball back in the Worthing midfield. The ball was sent out to Harry Kyprianou, who followed his run and drilled a low shot to the keepers near post, which was saved well by Harrison Male.

Keelan O’Connell has looked electric for the Terras so far this season and came close to helping them break the deadlock in the 21st minute. His through ball from the left to Tom Blair allowed the forward to shake off a defender and put a ball into the back post. Bearwish was just seconds away from making contact with the ball that rolled inches wide of the left post.

OConnell had two more chances in the 28th minute. Some one-touch passing between the front 3 saw Bearwish play O’Connell through on goal. The keeper came out quickly to deny the goal but the ball found its way to oConnell again whose curling effort with his right from the edge of the box was parried onto the left post.

The attacks were constant with Bearwish the next to try. The attacker steamed his way into the area, but his shot was tame and straight into the gloves of Male.

The Rebels went ahead against the run of play in the 41st minute. Joel Colbran’s set piece went all the way through the crowded penalty area before bouncing off the underside of the bar multiple times before being given.

The Terras started the second half well, and had a chance in the 49th minute. OConnell found Ofosu with a pass in the area to the left. The Terras forward took a touch before taking a strike but the keeper did well to get down well and make a save.

The Mackerel men retaliated with an effort of their own 6 minutes later. Jammehs’ shot in the area was parried away well by White. The 18-year-old keeper blocked the ball with his outstretched right leg.

Weymouth were desperate to find an equaliser. Tom Bearwish looked to take the responsibility himself in the 62nd minute. Weymouth’s number 10 dribbled through the 5 Worthing defenders before getting to the byline, however the Rebels cleared their lines before Bearwish could release the shot.

A Terras goal looked on the cards and in the 66th minute, they hit the post. A searching set-piece from the far side goes all the way through a crowded area, similar to Worthings opener. However, this time the ball ricochetsoff the left post and behind for a goal kick.

Despite their dominance, Weymouth conceded again in the 69th minute. Jammehs deflected cross was turned in by Ollie Pearce.

Worthing were growing in confidence, now being 2 goals ahead, and put the ball in the net again in the 79th minute, only for the linesman to raise his flag.

The Terras conceded a third in the 81st minute to kill off the game. Pearce found his way into the area before curling a finessed shot past the reaching gloves of White.

Similar Posts