Worthing 2-0 Weymouth

Your Terras starting XI:

Benfield, Howe, Cheshire, Brooks, Sesay, O’Connell, McQuoid, Bearwish ©, Rees, Rollinson, Stagg.

Bobby Wilkinson named just four substitutes this afternoon. Leo Hamblin dropped to the bench, and he was joined by Frankie Monk, Norman Wabo and Terras goalkeeper coach Jason Matthews.

Bobby made four changes to his starting XI, Scott Rees and Tom Stagg are given their first league starts. Along with Calvin brooks and David Sesay coming in to start.

They are joined by Gerard Benfield, Teddy Howe, Anthony Cheshire, Keelan O’Connell, Tom Bearwish, Joel Rollinson and Josh McQuoid

No Brandon Goodship, Charlie Rowan, Ben Thomson and Dan Roberts. All of whom were handed minutes against Chelmsford on Saturday.

Adam Hinshelwood made two changes to his starting line-up after their victory over Dover on Saturday, Michael Klass and Reece Meekums came into the starting line-up. Meekums most definitely earning himself that start after netting a fine goal against the Whites.

They lined up alongside Rocco Rees, Joel Colbran, Aaran Racine, Joseph Rye, Nicky Wheeler, Odei Sorondo, Ricky Aguiar, Joseph Felix and Sonny Fish.

Kane Wills, Greg Luer, Joan Luque, Finlay Chadwick and Liam Vincent are all on the bench for the rebels.

Gerard Benfield was strong again in the Terras goals this afternoon, making a strong save in the opening five minutes.

Tom Bearwish took the first Terras shot of the game after 14 minutes, his effort flying over the top of Rocco Rees’ bar.

On the 30th minute, the hosts took the lead. A well worked play had led to Fish picking up the ball on the by-line. Gerard Benfield came to smother but some clever play from Fish followed. As the Worthing number 25 slammed his strike into the far side netting.

On the 34th minute Tom Stagg had his say. With his long-range audacious effort narrowly flying over Rees’ bar. Much to the relief of the Worthing fans.

Tom Bearwish had a great chance four minutes before half time. However, he saw his shot blocked out for a corner.

The half time whistle blew and it was the hosts who had the advantage.

On the 49th minute Scott Rees had to be hauled off due to injury. Frankie Monk being the one to replace him.

Just before the 60th minute, Weymouth were lucky not to find themselves 2-0 down, after good play from Meekums. Who flashed a ball across the face of goal, taking a glance off of Calvin Brook’s leg. Nearly finding its way into the back of Benfield’s net.

However just minutes later, the hosts would have a penalty. After a Terras handball in their own box. This was converted by Aguiar, despite Benfield guessing the right way.

Bobby Wilkinson reacted to that goal. Making a double change seeing Stagg and Rollinson replaced by Leo Hamblin and Norman Wabo.

One of the Terras best chances of the game fell to Norman Wabo, a pinpoint cross courtesy of Keelan O’Connell was headed towards goal by Wabo. However, it was straight down the throat of Rocco Rees. Anywhere further in the corners and that was surely in!

Just four minutes later Leo Hamblin would stick out a boot and see his shot acrobatically saved by Rees, who like Benfield had a very good game between the sticks.

However, in the space of just ten minutes, Teddy Howe was dismissed after a getting two yellow cards in that time. The final straw being some dissent thrown towards the referee.

That was really the last major event of the match, with Worthing being able to see the game out and remain top of the league.

The Terras will look to bounce back against Maidstone on Saturday at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

Written by Robert Santonna

Similar Posts