JORDAN Seabright admitted that Weymouth’s 3-1 loss to Gosport Borough in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier South was ‘a bit of a blip’.

The Terras did not have a game on Saturday, with their scheduled first-round FA Trophy match against Needham Market postponed due to inclement weather.

When asked if it gives the players a chance to reflect on their season, Seabright said: “I guess so, I think it would be nice to get a game after Tuesday night because it was a bit of a blip for us.

“There will be a lot of games coming thick and fast so we just need to regroup and rest up really.”

Goals from Craig McAllister, Sam Lanahan and Ryan Pennery condemned the Terras to their first loss at home in the league in nearly 14 months on Tuesday.

Prior to the match, the Terras last lost at home in the league in a 2-0 loss to Frome Town on October 24, 2017.

However, as a result of Taunton’s 3-1 loss at Hartley Wintney at the weekend the Terras can go top again via games in hand.

When asked what the mood was like after the loss to Gosport, Seabright replied: “It was weird because I think we have got to be proud of what we have achieved as a group. (Almost) 14 months unbeaten at home (in the league) is very disappointing to lose in the manner that we did.

“Personally for me and as a group we were not at it so we were disappointed, but I think on reflection we have achieved a lot to do what we did.”

Instead of the match, the players convened for a meeting which Seabright revealed involved analytics looking at the Boro defeat.

Seabright dismissed any suggestions regarding the comfort of a break, pointing out that the games still have to be played.

When asked if the players are ever grateful for an unexpected rest, Seabright said: “At the end of the day it is going to come round again, everyone has got to play everyone at some point.

“To be fair the pitch was not playable, from what I have seen of it anyway.”

Seabright was talking after the match was postponed, which despite the efforts of the groundstaff could not be rescued.

The match was among many others to be postponed, alongside Portland United’s match at Alresford Town and numerous others in the Dorset Premier League.

Asked when the players found out about the postponement, Seabright said: “When everyone else did, just before two, the referee went out and had a look.

“It is what it is isn’t it, we have all played in conditions like that before.”

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *