Join as we look back at the 2018/19 Evo-Stik Southern League Premier South title winning season. 

Unfortunately, Weymouth started October with defeat, as a much changed Terras side lost 2-0 at Wimborne Town in the Southern League Cup.

However, only four days later and Weymouth beat Wimborne Town in the league when Harry Baker scored on his return from a loan spell at Frome Town, his late strike proved enough to win the game 1-0. Mark Molesley praised his side’s patience and said he was delighted for Baker. Baker himself said he was pleased be back amongst the goals for Weymouth.

Calvin Brooks said in an interview that he was delighted to be back at Weymouth, and Mark Molesley claimed in another interview that he felt his side had all the tools to cope with being the league leaders.

Brooks opened his account for the season as the Terras drew 1-1 at Swindon Supermarine. Despite picking up a point, Mark Molesley bemoaned the Terras’ slow start at Swindon Supermarine.

On 16th October, Charlie Davis left Weymouth for Poole Town as he went in search of more game time, Charlie finished his season at Weymouth having made 9 appearances. That evening Weymouth produced a stunning comeback to win 2-1 at Tiverton Town, Jake McCarthy equalised before Brandon Goodship scored in the 91st minute to earn his side the three points. Mark Molesley was, again, full of praise for the Terras character to fight until the end.

Three days later and Antonio Diaz left the Terras, similar to Davis he was in search of game time, Diaz finished the season having made 9 appearances for Weymouth.

Weymouth left it late again when they beat Walton Casuals 3-2, goals from Abdulai Baggie and Josh Wakefield gave the Terras the lead before a fightback from Walton Casuals brought the game level. It was Goodship again who scored in the 90th minute to rescue three points for Weymouth. The win brought up a run of a year unbeaten at home. Speaking to after the game, Abdulai Baggie said fighting until the end was a trait of this side.

The Terras progressed to the next round of the FA Trophy with an impressive 3-1 victory at Taunton Town, goals from Goodship, Zubar and Wakefield saw Weymouth breeze through to the second qualifying round. Brandon Goodship’s goal was his 50th for Weymouth. Weymouth learnt that they would be at home to Street in the next round.

The month finished on a sad note as the club had to announce details about an unfortunate injury which occurred to Warren Bentley in training, the head injury kept the striker out for the remainder of the season, Warren played in 10 games for Weymouth scoring once.

Record for October: P6 W4 D1 L1 F10 A7

Previous months can be found by clicking here

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *