Return of Fans to The Bob Lucas Stadium – Proposed Test Event
Following the government announcements of the proposed return of fans to sporting events and the subsequent release of the Covid-19 Tier Levels, Weymouth Football Club have been in consultations with the National League, Local Authority Stadium Safety Advisory Group, and Dorset Police with the intention of a staged return of fans to the Bob Lucas Stadium.
The first TEST EVENT is planned for the match against Halifax on 5th December (Kick Off 5.20pm). There will be 800 tickets available which must be purchased in advance. Priority of purchase will go first to Season Ticket Holders, then to Supporters Association Members and finally General Sale.
It is planned that the number of available tickets will increase for subsequent home matches, but this is totally dependent on how well the systems, social distancing, and observation of Covid-19 safety precautions all work.
Safety of all attendees must remain our paramount concern.
To stage matches in Tier 2, several changes to the matchday experience will have to be made, these will include but will not be limited to:
- Masks are to be worn on entry and when moving inside the ground. We would ask that they are also worn if singing/chanting.
- Ticketless/E-Ticket Booking System.
- No Bar or Alcohol allowed in the ground.
- No Food or refreshments inside the ground.
- Entry will be via a GATE rather than a turnstile, where tickets and temperature will be checked before entry.
- The Ground’s four main areas will have separate gates, you should enter via the gate in the area that you wish to watch the game from. (Details to follow)
- Movement inside the ground must be kept to a minimum. There will be no changing of ends at half time. There will be NO AWAY FANS.
The club shop will not be open. There will be no programmes available to buy at the game, they will be available as e-versions or to buy online.
- Standard Covid-19 precautions will apply, hand sanitiser will be available at various points around the ground.
- At the end of the game all gates will be opened, please leave via the nearest gate following the flow of foot traffic.
We anticipate that tickets will be on sale from Tuesday p.m. following a planned online ‘Return of Spectators’ meeting with the National League.
Mark Golsby – Director & Covid Officer Weymouth F.C