Weymouth fell to a 2-0 defeat at home to Dover Athletic this afternoon.

The visitors had the first attempt of the game in the 2nd minute. Luke Wanadio found space on the right to swing a cross into the penalty area. Alfie Pavey made contact, striking the ball on the volley with his right boot. As the ball was heading goal bound a Terras defender managed to clear the ball off the line, before the linesman had flagged the play for offside, unbeknownst to the Terras defenders.

Ten minutes in, Weymouth were growing into the game. Xander McBurnie won the ball back in midfield and carried it forward into the opposition half. The Terras captain played a pass through to Bradley Ash, whose shot was scuffed and went wide for a goal kick, following pressure from Dover defenders.

Weymouth were building play well and through great interplay, won a corner in the 17th minute. The set piece came in and was cleared away but only as far as Ahkeem Rose, who attempted a bicycle kick inside the area, which was straight into the gloves of Athletic Keeper Stuart Nelson.

Seven minutes of added time were given as Jake Goodman went down twice with concussion, following a challenge in the air with Brad Ash. Goodnan was replaced by Arjanit Krasniqi.

The Terras had a chance in added time as Ahkeem Rose played a sly one-two with Keelan OConnell. The striker drifted through the last defender before nicking a shot with his left boot. The ball had bobbled, which had caused Nelson to parry the ball away to his right for a corner.

Dover had counter attacked well, with the ball falling to the substitute on the inside of the area. Krasniqis shot took a deflection and went out for a corner, which was cleared by the first man.

The Terras started the second half with pace and determination. Tom Blairs tenacity allowed the midfielder to cut in from the left before attempting a curled shot from the edges of the area. The fizzing strike was straight into the gloves of Nelson.

Both teams seemed to settle into the game, with battles in midfield, with neither side being able to find a shot on goal.

It took up to the 69th minute for the next chance of the game. Weymouth were in the area with Bradley Ash, who played the ball to Boutin who struck from range. The ball ricocheted into the path of Tom Bearwish who dug out a pass to Blair on the near side of the area. Blair went for a first time shot across the face of goal but the ball rose over the crossbar.

Dover went ahead against the run of play in the 77th minute with a scrappy goal inside the area. A number of attempts were struck in a corner routine, with the ball finding its way to Mitch Brundle whose shot was deflected into the back of the net.

The visitors doubled their lead just 3 minutes later, as Luke Wanadios solo run saw the striker go 2 on 1 in the area. With Weymouth players coming back to cover his passing option, the number 10 turned inside the box to shrug off defenders before unleashing a shot across the face of goal, going past the outstretched gloves of Ryan Sandford.

The Terras were attempting a late fight back, but the side looked flat after conceding twice in a short time. Cam Murray worked the ball to the outside of the area, slapping the shot over the bar.

Similar Posts