Weymouth vs Harrow Borough



Dylan Kearney double halts Weymouth


McCarthy 32 Goodship 70


Kearney 78, 85

A LATE Dylan Kearney double saw Weymouth held to a 2-2 draw at home against Harrow Borough in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier South.

Goals from Jake McCarthy and Brandon Goodship had put the Terras 2-0 up after 70 minutes but Harrow struck back well through Kearney’s brace.

Stephane Zubar and Shaun Preddie were both sent off as the sides ended with 10 men apiece.

There was just one change for Weymouth at the Bob Lucas Stadium from the 3-1 defeat to Gosport Borough last time out, as Jordan Ngalo came in for Abdulai Baggie.

The Terras started on the front foot, with Goodship finding Ben Thomson with a neat chipped pass but his pull-back was intercepted before it could reach McCarthy.

Harrow were having joy down the left-hand side but their attempts were not truly troubling Weymouth in the early stages.

Lewis Cole aimed a pass towards Ryan Moss, who would have been through on goal, but Calvin Brooks easily intercepted.

From another Harrow cross in, the Terras should have scored.

The ball was easily cleared by Zubar, which fed Yemi Odubade on the edge of the box to thread a brilliant pass to Thomson on the halfway line.

Thomson ran on but took a heavy touch which allowed Harrow goalkeeper Hafed Al-Droubi to collect.

After 12 minutes Weymouth again went close.

Neat build-up play resulted in a dangerous and deep cross from Brooks which had to be put out for a corner.

From the set-piece, Josh Wakefield curled the ball on to Zubar’s head, who nodded powerfully against the crossbar but away to safety.

Weymouth were beginning to turn the screw and seemed close to opening the scoring with Harrow being forced to sit deeper.

Weymouth goalkeeper Jordan Seabright was then called into action to collect a cross in but the game was otherwise quietening.

Mark McLeod was given a yellow card for obstructing Ngalo’s attempts to lead a Weymouth counter attack in the 24th minute.

The atmosphere was taking an ugly turn, with the crowd clearly quite frustrated at this stage, something not helped by Zubar earning a yellow card for shoving a Harrow player after 26 minutes.

The game needed a positive spark to kick-start the contest and it arrived in spectacular fashion through McCarthy.

The Terras’ captain thundered in a 25-yard strike in off the underside of the crossbar to put Weymouth in front after 32 minutes.

Frank Keita then had to be substituted for the visitors with an injury after Weymouth had played on with him on the floor, to the clear frustration of Al-Droubi.

Weymouth went close late on in the half, with Wakefield having a good half with his deliveries from corners.

Yet the two sides went into half-time with McCarthy’s strike separating them.

The second half was a quiet affair until Weymouth countered through Goodship, who lifted the ball over a defender to fire towards goal on the half-volley but Al-Droubi was equal to it.

Harrow should have equalised a minute later, when a couple of great crosses into the box caused danger, which was averted when a headed effort was put wide of the post.

The warning was there, but Weymouth were unable to stub it out when Goodship and Odubade countered but collided with each other, letting the chance fizzle out prematurely.

However, Odubade was then taken down inside the box by Preddie for a straight-forward penalty in the 70th minute.

This allowed Goodship to easily step up and fire in Weymouth’s second to seemingly wrap up the contest.

However, Harrow had a late sting with a low and accurate strike from Kearney scooting past Seabright to narrow the scores for the visitors.

Zubar then earned himself a straight red card for an off the ball incident and Harrow gained a penalty.

Kearney fired in past Seabright, yet in the 94th minute there was more drama.

Preddie was sent off for a foul on Odubade, but from the free-kick on the edge of the box Weymouth could not muster a chance and were forced to settle for a point.

Weymouth travel to rivals Dorchester on Boxing Day (1pm).

Terras: Seabright, Brooks, Buckley, Zubar, Sherring, McCarthy, Ngalo (Baggie 66), Wakefield, Thomson (Carmichael 86), Goodship (Baker 73), Odubade

Subs not used: Wells, Thomas

Harrow Borough: Al-Droubi, Andrew, Haugh, Preddie, Ireland, Keita (Ismajli 40), Kearney, McLeod (Elsahib 80), Moss (Bernard 67), Bryan, Cole.

Attendance: 674


Date Time League Season
22nd December 2018 3:00 pm Southern League Premier 2018/19


Bob Lucas Stadium
Wessex Stadium, Radipole Lane, Weymouth DT4 9XJ, United Kingdom


Harrow Borough2Draw

KO 66 73 86 FT