Biography: Shaun joined Weymouth on a long-term loan from AFC Bournemouth at the start of September 2019.
Hobson joined the Cherries from Burnley after impressing during a trial in the summer of 2016. The 21-year-old has been described by AFC Bournemouth as a “composed centre-back”.
He spent loan spells at Eastbourne Borough and Chester during the 2017/18 season, and spent the end of last season on loan at National League side Eastleigh, where he made 8 appearances and scored once.
Hobson played against the Terras in AFC Bournemouth Under 21’s 6-0 victory at the Bob Lucas Stadium in pre-season last year.
Weymouth kept two clean sheets in Hobson’s first two games, away to Oxford City and at home to Welling United.
Shaun Hobson scored his first goal for the Terras in a 4-1 victory over St Albans in September 2019, a game in which he was voted man of the match by the Weymouth supporters.
Shaun was named as Weymouth’s player of the month for December 2019.
Debut: Oxford City (A), 3rd September 2019
- Mark Molesley warns of Dulwich 'purple patch'
- Weymouth target cup glory as injury risks managed
- Mark Molesley hails Weymouth's character
- Hobson: It’s a good challenge but I’m enjoying myself
- Clean sheet and defensive performance pleases Mark Molesley
- Terras move into top four with 3-0 victory
- Terras Firsts with Shaun Hobson
- Hobson is a great character, says Mark Molesley
- Shaun Hobson joins the Terras on loan