By Alfie Lumb

Weymouth played out a 0-0 draw with Cheshunt FC on Saturday afternoon at the Bob Lucas Stadium.

The Terras had the first chance of the game, after winning a free kick within the opening minute. Keelan O’Connell clipped a ball into the area, which was flicked on goal wards by Nathan Carlyle but straight into the gloves of Adam Desbois.

Moments later, the Terras were on the attack again, with the ball landing at the feet of Tom Blair on the edge of the area. The forward took the shot on the volley but the ball cleared the bar.

The visitors were building an attack well, and got their first shot on target in the 18th minute. Chris Harris took a long ball down on the edge of the area with his chest before turning to take on an attempt on. The ball bounced but was an easy save for Zaki Oualah.

Cheshunt had another attempt in the 21st minute, with Reece Beckles-Richards taking on an effort with his left boot just inside the area. The number 7’s shot needed Oualah to react and make a save.

Luke Nippard and Tom Blair combined well on the right in the 37th minute, which saw the Terras take the game to Cheshunt and win a corner. O’Connell took the set-piece but it was cleared away

Bradley Ash cut in from the left side in the 39th minute, getting the ball onto his right foot before unleashing a shot which fizzed inches wide of Desbois left post.

Set-pieces were looking like a real threat for the Terras, with Keelan O’Connell delivering a ball to the back post in the 41st minute. The ball was headed across the face of goal where Nathan Carlyle tried to nod the ball towards goal before a Cheshunt player put his body on the line, by then the ball cleared away.

Cheshunt put a long throw-in into the box from Billy Cracknell in the 72nd minute. The ball landed kindly to Fraser Alexander who took on a strike with his left boot. The effort was blocked but a packed penalty area of players saw Cheshunt try and push the ball in, before a Terras player managed to scramble the ball clear.

Chris Harris attempted a far effort in the 75th minute, but Carlyle was well positioned to head the ball away.

Five minutes from full time, substitute Hari McCoy weaved his way down the left flank before laying the ball off to Blair, but his shot is blocked and put behind for a corner.

Four minutes of added time not enough to separate either side who both seemed to lack quality for the final pass in the last third.

Similar Posts